Tuesday, June 11, 2013

StrideBox Review

I love getting packages in the mail.

I remember when my oldest was a baby and I was a stay at home mom and somehow, getting the mail became this wonderful ritual.  The house was set back from the road, making the walk to the mailbox more than just a quick "run out and check," and I usually would be ready for a nice afternoon walk with the baby just in time to check the mail as well.

Of course, it's not every day that I get anything FUN in the mail, but I still love to check!

Last month I saw a couple blog reviews of StrideBox, one of the many monthly "stuff you might like" type box deals out there (Birchbox and BarkBox, I'm looking at you!)  I've been tempted by these before, but never found anything that appealed to me completely the way StrideBox did.  Their tagline is, "Stuff Runners Want," and I think it's fair to say they've definitely hit the nail on the head in their June 2013 box.


The box is a decent size and packed neatly.  On the other side of that card is a listing of the contents (I prefer to look through the box first!) and the retail price of each item.  I like that the retail price information is included - a lot of the reviews I've read of other boxes definitely show that the items in the box don't always add up to the subscription amount (for StrideBox, it's $15/month) and so I like this immediate form of justification on the items.

Here's what I received this month:


My hands down favorite item is the LockLaces.  I already run with a similar pair and I love them.  Given my back issues, bending over can be problematic, so I love turning my running shoes into slip-ons.

I'm very interested in trying the fueling options, especially the two freezer pops - now that we're headed into the hot days of running, it will be fun to have a cool treat as an option after a long run.  Glad there are two - I can share with my training partner!  

Given that the FootRubz ball retails for $7 and the LockLaces are also $7, it's clear that this box exceeds the subscription amount I paid, and I love that it's filled with a mix of fueling choices as well as actual running "gear" items.  I'm one of those people who will pick up random things at a checkout to try, so I loved this box.

Overall, I was pleased.  The actual receiving the box in the mail is fun, the surprise of not knowing what's in it, and the quality of the items included make it totally worth it.

Do you do any subscription boxes?  What do you think?  I'm currently waiting on the $5 Target beauty box, but that's not a monthly thing.  

Note: this is not a sponsored post - I'm paying for the subscription all myself!

7 comments:

  1. I have never heard of subscription boxes. I think I would love it, since I love getting stuff in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started getting Birchbox but I don't think you get what you pay for. I have gotten 2 boxes so far and have yet to get anything that makes it worth $10 a month.

    Target $5 beauty box? How did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get any subscription boxes, but I have read about a few on different blogs and think they sound like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelle! Well, it sounds fun, especially because you like the products you received. I'm a really basic person in my years-old product ruts, so surprising new products are better for someone else.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun, so glad you liked what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, I wonder if a few months of that would be a good gift for my runner husband. Looks like it would be as appealing to men as to women!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool...I do the birchbox thing and that looks cool too! I like the chaffing stuff...I use glide but neat to see other options..and the gu is what I use..but again what a great way to try stuff!

    ReplyDelete